Performing a Hard Reset on a HTC Ville
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM (Random Access Memory).
Caution if you perform a full reset, your HTC Ville returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM (Read Only Memory).
The most convenient way to do a factory reset is via the phone settings. To perform a hard reset from phone settings:
- On the Home Screen tap Menu to access the Settings.
- From here tap SD & Phone Storage > Factory Data Reset.
- Finally tap Reset Your Phone and then Erase Everything.
To perform a hard reset using the phone buttons:
- Turn the phone off.
- Press and hold the Volume Down Button and press the the Power Button.
- Release the Volume Down Button to restore factory settings.
- Press again to Reboot.