Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a HTC Victor P3702
A normal reset is sometimes called a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
To restart your device:
- Pull out the Stylus.
- Press the Reset Button with the Stylus. It is located at the opening of the Stylus compartment.
- The device will restart.
Performing a Hard Reset on a HTC Victor P3702
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM (Random Access Memory).
Caution if you perform a full reset, your HTC Victor P3702 returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM (Read Only Memory).
The most convenient way to do a factory reset is via the device's settings. To perform a hard reset from the device's settings:
- On the Home Screen, slide to the Settings Tab and then tap All Settings.
- From System, tap Clear Storage.
- In the drop-down menu, select Clear Storage Only, Format Internal Storage Only or Clear Storage and Format Internal Storage.
- Enter 1234 and then Yes.
To perform a hard reset using the device buttons:
- With the device turned on, use the Stylus to press the Reset Button while holding down the Volume Down and Enter Buttons.
- Release the Reset Button but keep the Volume Down and Enter Buttons held down. You will see a warning message.
- Release the Volume Down and Enter Buttons.
- Press the Volume Up to perform the Hard Reset.