Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a HTC TyTN II Kaiser
A normal reset is sometimes called a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
To restart your device:
- Use the Stylus to lightly press the Reset Button located at the bottom of the Device.
- The device restarts and displays the Today Screen.
Performing a Hard Reset on a HTC TyTN II Kaiser
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM (Random Access Memory).
Caution if you perform a full reset, your HTC TyTN II Kaiser returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM (Read Only Memory).
The most convenient way to do a factory reset is via the device's settings. To perform a hard reset from the device's settings:
- Tap Start then Settings then System Tab then Clear Storage.
- Type 1234 in the box and tap Yes.
To perform a hard reset using the device's buttons:
- Press and hold the Left Soft Key and the Right Soft Key. Then press the Reset Button with the Stylus found at the bottom of the device.
- Release the Stylus but keep the Soft Buttons pressed until the following message on the screen:
This operation will delete all your personal data, and reset all settings to the manufacturer default settings. Press SEND to restore manufacturer defaults, or press any other button to cancel.
- Release the Soft Keys and press the Green Send Button to perform the Hard Reset.