Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a HTC Touch Viva Opal
A normal reset is sometimes called a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
To restart your device:
- Remove the Back Cover.
- Use the Stylus to lightly press the Reset Button located at the top and back of the Device.
- The device restarts and displays the Home Screen.
Performing a Hard Reset on a HTC Touch Viva Opal
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM (Random Access Memory).
Caution if you perform a full reset, your HTC Touch Viva Opal returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM (Read Only Memory).
The most convenient way to do a factory reset is via the device's settings. To perform a hard reset from the device's settings:
- On the Home Screen slide to the Settings Tab and tap All Settings.
- On the System Tab, touch Clear Storage.
- Type 1234 in the box and tap Yes.
To perform a hard reset using the device's buttons:
- With the back panel removed and the device on, press and hold the Talk/Send and End Buttons.
- Then press the Reset Button with the Stylus.
- Keep the Talk/Send and End Buttons held and release the Reset Button. until you see the following message:
- Release the Talk/Send and End Buttons, then press the Talk/Send button to perform the Hard Reset.