Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a HTC Touch Pro
A normal reset is sometimes called a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
To restart your device:
- Use the Stylus to lightly press the Reset Button located at the bottom of the device.
- The device restarts and displays the Home Screen.
Performing a Hard Reset on a HTC Touch Pro
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM (Random Access Memory).
Caution if you perform a full reset, your HTC Touch Pro returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM (Read Only Memory).
The most convenient way to do a factory reset is via the device's settings. To perform a hard reset from the device's settings:
- On the Home Screen, slide to the Settings Tab and then All Settings.
- On the System Tab, touch Clear Storage.
- Type 1234 in the box and tap Yes.
To perform a hard reset using the device's buttons:
- With the device on, press and hold the Volume Down and Enter Buttons then press the Reset Button with the Stylus.
- Keep the Volume Down and Enter buttons held and stop pressing the Reset Button until the following message is shown:
- Release the Volume Down and Enter Buttons, then press the Volume Up button to perform the Hard Reset.