Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a HTC Touch Pro 2
A normal reset is sometimes called a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
To restart your device:
- Remove the Back Cover.
- Use the Stylus to lightly press the Reset Button located at the top and back of the Device.
- The device restarts and displays the Home Screen.
Performing a Hard Reset on a HTC Touch Pro 2
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM (Random Access Memory).
Caution if you perform a full reset, your HTC Touch Pro 2 returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM (Read Only Memory).
The most convenient way to do a factory reset is via the device's settings. To perform a hard reset from the device's settings:
- Tap Start then Settings and then All Settings.
- On the System Tab, touch Clear Storage.
- Type 1234 in the box and tap Yes.
To perform a hard reset using the device's buttons:
- With the back panel removed and the device on, press and hold the Talk/Send and End Buttons.
- Keep the Talk/Send and End Buttons held and keep pressing the Power Button until you see the following message:
- Release the Talk/Send and End Buttons, then press the Volume Up button to perform the Hard Reset.