Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a HTC Dual Nike
A normal reset is sometimes called a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
To restart your device:
- Remove the back cover.
- Use the Stylus to lightly press the Reset Button located on the left side of the device as shown below.
- The device restarts and displays the Home Screen.
Performing a Hard Reset on a HTC Dual Nike
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM (Random Access Memory).
Caution if you perform a full reset, your HTC Dual Nike returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM (Read Only Memory).
The most convenient way to do a factory reset is via the device's settings. To perform a hard reset from the device's settings:
- Tap Start then Settings then System Tab then Clear Storage.
- Type 1234 in the box and tap Yes.
To perform a hard reset using the device's buttons:
- With the device off, press and hold the Talk and End Buttons then press the Reset Button to the left of your device.
- Keep the Talk and End buttons held until the following message is shown:
- Release the Talk and End Buttons, then press the Enter Button to perform the Hard Reset.