Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a HTC Touch 2
A normal reset is sometimes called a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
To restart your device:
- Remove the back cover and Stylus.
- Locate the Reset Button near the Stylus compartment and use the Stylus to press the Reset Button.
- The phone will restart to the Home Screen.
Performing a Hard Reset on a HTC Touch 2
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM (Random Access Memory).
Caution if you perform a full reset, your HTC Touch 2 returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM (Read Only Memory).
The most convenient way to do a factory reset is via the device's settings. To perform a hard reset from the device's settings:
- Touch Start then Settings.
- Touch System then touch Clear Storage.
- Type 1234 in the box and tap Yes.
To perform a hard reset using the device's buttons:
- With the device off, press and hold the Volume Up and Volume Down Buttons and press the End/Power Button briefly. You'll see a warning message on the screen.
- Release the Volume Up and Volume Down Buttons.
- Finally press the Volume Up button to perform the hard reset.