Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a HTC Topaz
A normal reset is sometimes referred to as a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
- Pull out the stylus, then remove the back cover.
- Use the stylus tip to press the RESET button (red) located at the opening of the stylus bay.
- Your device restarts and displays the Home screen.
Performing a Hard Reset on a HTC Topaz
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM.
Caution if you perform a full reset, your HTC Topaz returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM.
- With the device turned off, press and hold the VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN buttons, then briefly press the POWER button.
- Continue pressing the VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN buttons until you see the following message on the screen:
- Release the VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN buttons.
- Press the VOLUME UP button to perform the hard reset, or press any other button to cancel the reset.