Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a HTC Titan
A normal reset is sometimes referred to as a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
- Locate the reset button hole on the HTC Titan unit.
- Use the stylus tip to lightly press the reset button. The pocket PC will restart and display the Today screen.
Performing a Hard Reset on a HTC Titan
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM.
Caution if you perform a full reset, your HTC Titan returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM.
- Press and hold the left soft key and the right soft key, and at the same time, use the stylus to press the reset button at the middle left side of your device.
- Release the stylus, but continue pressing the two soft key buttons. Release them only when you see the following message on your device screen:
- Slide open the hardware keyboard, then press R to do a hard reset. The following message will soon appear:
- When the restoration process is complete, press the Space Bar on the hardware keyboard to restart your device.