Performing a Hard Reset on a HTC Shift
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM.
Caution if you perform a full reset, your HTC Shift returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM.
To perform a hard reset
- Shut down the Mobile Computer and then switch it on again.
- At the start of the boot-up process, press F3 immediately to run the hard disk recovery.
- You will then see the following screen:
- Press N to continue with the hard disk recovery process. If you press Y, the hard disk recovery is terminated.
- The next message prompts you whether or not to rebuild the MBR (Master Boot Record) data:
- If, aside from drive C, you have created other partitions in the hard disk and you want to keep them, press N. If you press Y, your partitions will be deleted.
- A confirmation message then prompts you whether or not to continue. Press Y to start the hard disk recovery process. If you press N, the hard disk recovery is terminated.
- After the recovery process is complete, slide and hold the POWER/HOLD switch for about four seconds to shut down the Mobile Computer.