Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a HTC Sensation
A normal reset is sometimes referred to as a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
- If the display is off, press the POWER button to turn it back on
- Unlock the phone display.
- Press and hold the POWER button, and then tap Restart.
- When asked to confirm, tap Restart.
If HTC Sensation does not respond when you touch the screen or press the buttons, you can still restart it. Press and hold the POWER button until HTC Flyer restarts.
Performing a Hard Reset on a HTC Sensation
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM.
Caution if you perform a full reset, your HTC Sensation returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM.
The most convenient way to do a factory reset is via the phone settings. To perform a hard reset from phone settings:
- From the Home screen, press , and then tap Settings.
- Tap SD & phone storage > Factory data reset.
- Tap Reset phone, and then tap Erase everything.
To perform a hard reset using the phone buttons
- Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then briefly press the POWER button.
- Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the VOLUME DOWN button.
- Press VOLUME DOWN to select FACTORY RESET, and then press the POWER button.