Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a HTC Sapphire
A normal reset is sometimes referred to as a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
To perform a soft reset
- Press HOME > MENU, then touch Settings.
- Scroll down the screen, then touch SD card & phone storage.
- Navigate to the Internal phone storage section, then touch Factory data reset.
- On the Factory data reset screen, touch Reset phone and then touch Erase everything.
Performing a Hard Reset on a HTC Sapphire
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM.
Caution if you perform a full reset, your HTC Sapphire returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM.
To perform a hard reset
- With the phone turned off, press and hold the HOME and BACK buttons.
- Briefly press the END CALL/POWER button while continuing to press the HOME and BACK buttons.
- When you see the screen with the three Android images, release the HOME and BACK buttons, and then press the TRACKBALL.