Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a HTC Rose S740
A normal reset is sometimes called a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
To restart your device:
- Remove the battery.
- After a few seconds, replace the battery as shown below.
Performing a Hard Reset on a HTC Rose S740
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM (Random Access Memory).
Caution if you perform a full reset, your HTC Rose S740 returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM (Read Only Memory).
The most convenient way to do a factory reset is via the device's settings. To perform a hard reset from the device's settings:
- Click Start then All Programs then More.
- From here go to Accessories then Clear Storage.
- When asked, input 1234 and then OK.
To perform a hard reset using the device's buttons:
- With the phone turned off, hold the Volume Down and the Centre OK Buttons.
- While these are pressed down, quickly press the Power Button.
- Instructions should appear on the screen. Follow them to complete the process.