Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a HTC Rhodium
A normal reset is sometimes referred to as a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
To perform a soft reset
- Pull out the stylus.
- Remove the back cover.
- Use the stylus tip to press the RESET button located at the upper-left side of the open back panel. Your device will restart and will display the Home screen.
- Replace the back cover and insert the stylus back into its compartment.
Performing a Hard Reset on a HTC Rhodium
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM.
Caution if you perform a full reset, your HTC Rhodium returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM.
To perform a hard reset
- With the device turned off, press and hold the TALK/SEND, END and POWER buttons.
- Continue holding these buttons until you see the following message on the screen:
- Release the TALK/SEND, END and POWER buttons.
- Press the VOLUME UP button to perform the hard reset, or press any other button to cancel the reset.