Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a HTC Pharos
A normal reset is sometimes referred to as a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
- Locate the reset button hole on the HTC Pharos unit.
- Use the stylus tip to lightly press the reset button. The pocket PC will restart and display the Today screen.
Performing a Hard Reset on a HTC Pharos
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM.
Caution if you perform a full reset, your HTC Pharos returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM.
- Press and hold the soft keys, then use the stylus to press the reset button, located below the battery compartment.
- Release the reset button, but continue pressing the soft keys until you see a message on the screen.
- Release the soft keys, then press talk/send to perform the hard reset, or press any other button to cancel the reset.