Performing a Hard Reset on a HTC Panache
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM (Random Access Memory).
Caution if you perform a full reset, your HTC Panache returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM (Read Only Memory).
The most convenient way to do a factory reset is via the device's settings. To perform a hard reset from the device's settings:
- On the Home Screen, press Menu and then tap Settings.
- Taps SD & Phone Storage and then Factory Data Reset.
- To finish, touch Reset Phone and finally Erase Everything.
To perform a hard reset using the device's buttons:
- Turn off the phone.
- While holding the Volume Button down, briefly press the Power Button.
- When the screen shows Android images, release the Volume Down Button.
- Use Volume Down to select Factory Reset and then press the Power Button.