Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a HTC Ozone
A normal reset is sometimes called a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
To restart your phone:
- To perform a Soft Reset, remove and replace the battery. To gain access to the battery, remove the back case like in the diagram below.
Performing a Hard Reset on a HTC Ozone
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM (Random Access Memory).
Caution if you perform a full reset, your HTC Ozone returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM (Read Only Memory).
The most convenient way to do a factory reset is via the phone settings. To perform a hard reset from phone settings:
- Click Start then System Tools then Clear Storage.
- Follow the instructions to reset the phone.
To perform a hard reset using the phone buttons:
- Turn the phone off.
- Press and hold the Volume Down Button and the the Send key.
- While these are both down, press the Power On Button.
- Press the Volume Up, then Send key to confirm the Hard Reset.