Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a HTC ONE V
A normal reset is sometimes called a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
To restart your phone:
- If the phone is on, press and hold the Power Button for at least 10 seconds to Restart the phone.
Performing a Hard Reset on a HTC ONE V
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM (Random Access Memory).
Caution if you perform a full reset, your HTC ONE V returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM (Read Only Memory).
The most convenient way to do a factory reset is via the phone settings. To perform a hard reset from phone settings:
- On the Home Screen tap Menu to access the Settings.
- From here tap SD & Phone Storage > Factory Data Reset.
- Finally tap Reset Your Phone and then Erase Everything.
To perform a hard reset using the phone buttons:
- Turn the phone off.
- Press and hold the Volume Down Button and press the the Power Button.
- Release the Volume Down Button when the Android Images appear.
- Press the Volume Down Button to select Factory Reset.
- Finally press the Power Button to confirm.