Performing a Full (Hard) Reset on a ASUS Nexus 7 (WiFI and 3G)
A full reset is sometimes called a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM (Random Access Memory).
Caution if you perform a full reset, your ASUS Nexus 7 (WiFI and 3G) returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM (Read Only Memory) including Contacts, Messages etc..
Note: If the tablet is responsive and can synchronize files save any open files and back up all necessary data to a computer.
- Open Apps and go to Settings then Backup & reset.
- Touch Factory data reset then Reset tablet.
- Your password will be asked for if necessary.
- Touch Erase everything to complete the hard reset.
Via Hardware buttons:
- Turn off the tablet.
- Press and hold the Power Button and the Volume Down Button. You'll see the word Start with an arrow drawn around it.
- Press Volume Down twice to highlight Recovery Mode and press the Power Button to confirm. You'll see an Android Robot with a red exclamation mark.
- While in this mode, hold down the Power Button and press the Volume Up Button.
- Use the Volume Buttons to scroll to wipe data/factory reset and press the Power Button to select it.
- Scroll down to Yes - erase all user data and press the Power Button to select it.