Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a HTC Mogul
A normal reset is sometimes called a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
To restart your device:
- Press the Reset Button found on the lower left side of the device with the Stylus. as shown below.
- The device will restart and display the Today Screen.
Performing a Hard Reset on a HTC Mogul
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM (Random Access Memory).
Caution if you perform a full reset, your HTC Mogul returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM (Read Only Memory).
To perform a hard reset using the device's buttons:
- While pressing and holding the Left and Right Soft Keys, press the Reset Button briefly with the Stylus.
- When the message below is shown, release the Left and Right Soft Keys.
- Slide open the hardware keyboard, then press R to do a hard reset.
- When the restoration process is complete, press the Space Bar on the keyboard to restart your device.