Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a Max 4G
A normal reset is sometimes referred to as a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
To perform a soft reset
- Remove the back cover, with the stylus press the RESET button on the middle right of the back of the device.
- Communicator restarts and displays the Home screen.
Performing a Hard Reset on a HTC Max 4G
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM.
Caution if you perform a full reset, your Max 4G returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM.
To perform a hard reset
- Pull out the stylus and then remove the rear cover.
- When the device is turned on, press and hold the TALK / SEND and END, then with the stylus press the RESET button.
- Release the reset button, but continue pressing the TALK / SEND button until the display shows a message.
- Release the TALK / SEND button, then reinstall the rear cover.
- Press the volume up button to perform a hard reset, or press the VOLUME DOWN button to cancel the reset.