Performing a Hard Reset on a HTC Magic
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM (Random Access Memory).
Caution if you perform a full reset, your HTC Magic returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM (Read Only Memory).
The most convenient way to do a factory reset is via the device's settings. To perform a hard reset from the device's settings:
- Press Home and then Menu. Tap Settings..
- Scroll down to SD card & Phone Storage.
- Go the the Internal Phone Storage section and tap Factory Data Reset.
- From hrere, touch Reset Phone and finally Erase Everything.
To perform a hard reset using the device's buttons:
- Turn the phone off.
- While holding the Home and Back Buttons, briefly press the End Call/Power button.
- When the Android Images appear, release the Home and Back Buttons and then press the TrackBall.