Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a HTC MTeoR Breeze
A normal reset is sometimes called a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
To restart your device:
- Remove the battery from the phone.
- After a few seconds, reinstall the battery as shown in the diagram below.
Performing a Hard Reset on a HTC MTeoR Breeze
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM (Random Access Memory).
Caution if you perform a full reset, your HTC MTeoR Breeze returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM (Read Only Memory).
The most convenient way to do a factory reset is via the device's settings. To perform a hard reset from the device's settings:
- Use the Soft Button to Select Start.
- Tap Accessories, then OK.
- Tap Clear Storage then Restore to Defaults.
- Finally, enter 1234 and select Yes.
To perform a hard reset using the device's buttons:
- Turn off the phone by the power button.
- Press and hold the Soft Keys and press the Power Button once.
- Press 0 when prompted to restore the factory default.