Performing a Hard Reset on a HTC Legend
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM.
Caution if you perform a full reset, your HTC Legend returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM.
To perform a hard reset via the phone settings.
- Press Home > Menu, then tap Settings.
- Scroll down the screen, and then tap Privacy > Factory data reset.
- On the Factory data reset screen, tap Reset phone, and then tap Erase everything.
To perform a hard reset via the phone buttons.
- With the phone turned off, press and hold the volume down button, and then briefly press the power button.
- Wait for three Android images to appear on the screen, and then release the volume down button.
- Press volume down to select clear storage, and then press power. When asked to confirm, press volume up.