Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a HTC Kaiser
A normal reset is sometimes referred to as a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
- Locate the reset button hole on the HTC Kaiser unit.
- Use the stylus tip to lightly press the reset button. The pocket PC will restart and display the Today screen.
Performing a Hard Reset on a HTC Kaiser
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM.
Caution if you perform a full reset, your HTC Kaiser returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM.
- Press and hold both soft keys
- Using a stylus, press and hold the soft reset button at the bottom of the phone
- Keep all three buttons pressed until the keypad lights turn off and then flash
- Release the soft reset button while still pressing the soft keys
- Let go of the two soft keys once the message this message appears on screen:
- Finally, press the green call button to perform the hard reset, or press other key to cancel