Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a HTC Incredible 2
A normal reset is sometimes called a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
To restart your phone:
- Press the POWER/LOCK Button and tap RESTART.
- Failing this, you can remove the battery, wait for a few seconds, reinsert the battery, and then turn the phone on.
Performing a Hard Reset on a HTC Incredible 2
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM (Random Access Memory).
Caution if you perform a full reset, your HTC Incredible 2 returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM (Read Only Memory).
The most convenient way to do a factory reset is via the phone settings. To perform a hard reset from phone settings:
- Press MENU and tap Settings.
- Tap SD & Phone Storage then Factory Data Reset.
- From here, tap Reset Phone and finally tap Erase Everything.
To perform a hard reset using the phone buttons:
- When the phone is off, press and hold the Volume Down Button and press the Power Button.
- When the 3 Android images appear, release the Volume Down Button.
- Select FACTORY RESET using the Volume Down Button and press the Power Button.