Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a HTC Imagio
A normal reset is sometimes called a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
To restart your phone:
- Pull out the Stylus.
- Remove the back cover.
- Use the Stylus to press the Reset Button located at the left side of the open back panel.
- The phone will restart.
Performing a Hard Reset on a HTC Imagio
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM (Random Access Memory).
Caution if you perform a full reset, your HTC Imagio returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM (Read Only Memory).
The most convenient way to do a factory reset is via the phone settings. To perform a hard reset from phone settings:
- Click Start > Settings > All the Settings > System
- From here, tap Memory then Clear Storage
- Enter 1234, tap OK and finally Yes to confirm.
To perform a hard reset using the phone buttons:
- Turn the phone off.
- Press and hold the Volume Down Button, End/Power Button and the the Talk/Send key until this screen is shown:
- Release the Buttons.
- Press the VOLUME UP button to restore the operating system to the factory default configuration or
- Press the VOLUME DOWN button to restore the factory default configuration and remove any operator customization, or press any other button to cancel the reset.