Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a HTC Himalaya
A normal reset is sometimes referred to as a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
- Locate the reset button hole on the HTC Himalaya unit.
- Use the stylus tip to lightly press the reset button. The pocket PC will restart and display the Today screen.
Performing a Hard Reset on a HTC Himalaya
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM.
Caution if you perform a full reset, your HTC Himalaya returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM.
- Hold down the Camera, record and power buttons.
- Insert your stylus in the software reset hole while holding the three buttons.
- Once you see the three item menu (very pale, with no backlight), then you can release the three buttons.
- Change the settings on the screen to NO NO YES, then press the action button.