Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a HTC Hero S
A normal reset is sometimes called a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
To restart your device:
- Unlock the phone display and press and hold the Power Button, and then tap Restart.
- When asked to confirm, tap Restart.
Performing a Hard Reset on a HTC Hero S
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM (Random Access Memory).
Caution if you perform a full reset, your HTC Hero S returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM (Read Only Memory).
The most convenient way to do a factory reset is via the device's settings. To perform a hard reset from the device's settings:
- On the Home Screen, press Menu and then tap Settings.
- Taps SD & Phone Storage and then Factory Data Reset.
- To finish, touch Reset Phone and finally Erase Everything.
To perform a hard reset using the device's buttons:
- Remove the battery, wait for a few seconds then reinsert the battery to turn off the phone.
- While holding the Volume Down Button down, briefly press the Power Button.
- When the screen shows Android images, release the Volume Down Button.
- Use Volume Down to select Factory Reset and then press the Power Button.