Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a HTC HD Mini Photon
A normal reset is sometimes called a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
To restart your phone:
- To perform a soft reset, remove the battery, wait for a few seconds, and then re-install it.
- After re-installing the battery, turn on the device.
Performing a Hard Reset on a HTC HD Mini Photon
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM (Random Access Memory).
Caution if you perform a full reset, your HTC HD Mini Photon returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM (Read Only Memory).
The most convenient way to do a factory reset is via the phone settings. To perform a hard reset from phone settings:
- From the Home Screen, press Options then Settings.
- Tap Security then Factory Reset.
- Enter 1234 and then OK.
To perform a hard reset using the phone buttons:
- Turn the phone off.
- Press and hold the Volume Up and Down Button and press the Power/Lock Button. You'll see a warning message.
- Press the Volume Up to perform a Hard Reset.