Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a HTC HD2
A normal reset is sometimes referred to as a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
To perform a soft reset
- With your thumb or finger, open the back cover by lifting up from the left side of the cover.
- The RESET button is located at the bottom left below the battery compartment and SIM card slot. Use a small object with an
unsharp, pointed tip such as a toothpick to press the RESET button.
- Your phone restarts and displays the Home screen.
Performing a Hard Reset on a HTC HD2
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM.
Caution if you perform a full reset, your HTC HD2 returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM.
To perform a hard reset
- With the phone turned off, press and hold the VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN buttons, then press the END/POWER button shortly and release it.
- Continue holding the VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN buttons until you see the following message on the screen:
- Release the VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN buttons. Press the VOLUME UP button to perform the hard reset, or press any other button to cancel the reset.