Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a HTC HD2 Leo
A normal reset is sometimes called a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
To restart your phone:
- To perform a soft reset, remove the back cover by lifting the left edge.
- Use a small object like a toothpick to press the Reset Button as shown.
Performing a Hard Reset on a HTC HD2 Leo
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM (Random Access Memory).
Caution if you perform a full reset, your HTC HD2 Leo returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM (Read Only Memory).
The most convenient way to do a factory reset is via the phone settings. To perform a hard reset from phone settings:
- On the Home Screen, slide to the Settings Tab.
- Tap security then Factory Reset.
- Enter 1234 and then tap Yes.
To perform a hard reset using the phone buttons:
- Turn the phone off.
- Press and hold the Volume Up and Down Button and press the Power Button. You'll see this image on the screen:
- Release the Volume Buttons.
- Press Volume Up to perform a Hard Reset.