Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a HTC Gratia
A normal reset is sometimes referred to as a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
- To perform a soft reset, remove the battery, wait for a few seconds, and then re-install it.
- After re-installing the battery, turn on the phone.
If these steps don't work, you can remove and replace the battery, and then turn HTC Gratia on to restart it.
Performing a Hard Reset on a HTC Gratia
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM.
Caution if you perform a full reset, your HTC Gratia returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM.
The most convenient way to do a factory reset is via the phone settings. To perform a hard reset from phone settings:
- From the Home screen, press MENU, then tap Settings.
- Scroll down the screen, and then tap Privacy > Factory data reset.
- On the Factory data reset screen, tap Reset phone, and then tap Erase everything.
To perform a hard reset using the phone buttons
- With the phone turned off, press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then briefly press the POWER button.
- Press VOLUME DOWN to select CLEAR STORAGE, and then press POWER to reset the device.