Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a HTC Gene
A normal reset is sometimes referred to as a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
- Locate the reset button hole on the HTC Gene unit.
- Use the stylus tip to lightly press the reset button. The pocket PC will restart and display the Today screen.
Performing a Hard Reset on a HTC Gene
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM.
Caution if you perform a full reset, your HTC Gene returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM.
- Press and hold the left soft key and the right soft key, and at the same time, use the stylus to press the reset button.
- Release the stylus, but continue pressing the two soft keys until you see the following message on the screen:
- Release the two soft keys, and then press the talk (Send) button on your device.