Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a HTC Freestyle
A normal reset is sometimes called a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
To restart your phone:
- To perform a soft reset, remove the battery, wait for a few seconds, and then re-install it.
- After re-installing the battery, turn on the device.
Performing a Hard Reset on a HTC Freestyle
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM (Random Access Memory).
Caution if you perform a full reset, your HTC Freestyle returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM (Read Only Memory).
The most convenient way to do a factory reset is via the phone settings. To perform a hard reset from phone settings:
- From the Home Screen, press Options then Settings.
- Tap Security then Factory Reset.
- Enter 1234 and then OK.
To perform a hard reset using the phone buttons:
- Turn the phone off.
- Press and hold the Volume Up and Down Button and press the Power/Lock Button.
- Wait for the screen to come on and follow the on screen instructions.