Performing a Hard Reset on a HTC Explorer
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM (Random Access Memory).
Caution if you perform a full reset, your HTC Explorer returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM (Read Only Memory).
The most convenient way to do a factory reset is via the phone settings. To perform a hard reset from phone settings:
- On the Home Screen, press Applications, then Settings.
- Tap SD & Phone Storage then Factory Data Reset.
- From here tap Reset Phone and finally Erase Everything.
To perform a hard reset using the phone buttons:
- Turn the phone off.
- Press and hold the Volume Down Button and press the the Power Button.
- Release the Volume Down when the Android images appear.
- Use Volume Down to select Factory Reset and press the Power Button.