Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a HTC Elf
A normal reset is sometimes referred to as a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
- Locate the reset button hole on the HTC Elf unit.
- Use the stylus tip to lightly press the reset button. The pocket PC will restart and display the Today screen.
Performing a Hard Reset on a HTC Elf
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM.
Caution if you perform a full reset, your HTC Elf returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM.
- Press and hold the two phone buttons on the from of the device (pick-up and hang-up buttons)
- Inset tip of stylus into reset hole.
- Remove the stylus from the reset hole.
- Wait about 1-2 seconds then release the two phone buttons. The following message will appear:
- Release the talk and end buttons, and then press enter on your device (large button in the center of the 5-way navigator) to hard reset the device OR press any other button to default to a soft reset