Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a HTC EVO 4G
A normal reset is sometimes called a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
To restart your phone:
- To perform a soft reset press and hold the Power Button until the device restarts.
Performing a Hard Reset on a HTC EVO 4G
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM (Random Access Memory).
Caution if you perform a full reset, your HTC EVO 4G returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM (Read Only Memory).
The most convenient way to do a factory reset is via the phone settings. To perform a hard reset from phone settings:
- Press Home them the Apps Icon and Settings.
- From here tap Storage then Factory Data Reset then Reset Tablet.
Note: If you want to Erase All Data, check the box before resetting your tablet.
To perform a hard reset using the phone buttons:
- Turn the phone off.
- Press and hold the Volume Down Button and press the Power Button.
- When the device's screen turns on, release the Volume Down Button.
- Press Volume Up Button to select Factory Reset and then press the Power Button to confirm.