Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a HTC EVO Design 4G
A normal reset is sometimes called a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
To restart your phone:
- Turn the phone on and off.
- Failing this, you can remove the battery, wait for a few seconds, reinsert the battery, and then turn the phone on.
Performing a Hard Reset on a HTC EVO Design 4G
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM (Random Access Memory).
Caution if you perform a full reset, your HTC EVO Design 4G returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM (Read Only Memory).
The most convenient way to do a factory reset is via the phone settings. To perform a hard reset from phone settings:
- From the Home Screen touch Menu > Settings > Storage > Factory Data Reset.
If you want to erase all data in the installed microSD card, then select Erase SD card.
- Tap Reset Phone.
- Finally tap Erase Everything. Your device will shut down and restart.
To perform a hard reset using the phone buttons:
- Turn the phone off.
- Press and hold the Volume Down Button and press the the Power Button.
- Release the Volume Down Button when the device turns back on.
- Press Volume Down to select FACTORY RESET and press the Power Button.