Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a HTC Droid Eris
A normal reset is sometimes referred to as a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
- To perform a Soft Reset, simply turn the device on and off.
- If the device is unresponsive then remove and replace the battery.
Performing a Hard Reset on a HTC Droid Eris
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM (Random Access Memory).
Caution if you perform a full reset, your HTC Droid Eris returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM (Read Only Memory).
The most convenient way to do a factory reset is via the phone settings. To perform a hard reset from phone settings:
- Press Home then Menu to gain access to the Settings.
- From here, tap Security then Factory Data Reset.
- Tap Reset Phone and finally Erase Everything.
To perform a hard reset using the phone buttons:
- Turn the phone off.
- Press and hold the Volume Down Button and the the Send Button.
- While these are both down, press the End/Power Button. Wait for the Three Android images.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.