Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a HTC Cheetah
A normal reset is sometimes called a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
To restart your device:
- Disconnect the smartphone from its charger if charging.
- Turn off Wireless Mode by pressing and holding the red Power/End Key.
- Turn off the screen and wait a few seconds.
- Open the Mini SD card slot cover located on the side of the HTC Cheetah. The Reset Button is located here.
- Using the Stylus, briefly press the tip of the Stylus into the locating hole for the Reset Button as shown below.
Performing a Hard Reset on a HTC Cheetah
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM (Random Access Memory).
Caution if you perform a full reset, your HTC Cheetah returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM (Read Only Memory).
To perform a hard reset using the phone buttons:
- Disconnect the smartphone from it's charger if it is charging.
- Take the Battery Door off but not the Battery.
- Press and hold the Power/End Button.
- While holding Power/End, remove the battery for around one second then replace it while still holding the Power/End Button.
- When you see "Erase All Data?", release the Power/End Button and press Up to confirm the Hard Reset.