Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a HTC Artemis
A normal reset is sometimes referred to as a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
- Locate the reset button hole on the side of the HTC Artemis unit.
- Use the stylus tip to lightly press the reset button. The pocket PC will restart and display the Today screen.
Performing a Hard Reset on a HTC Artemis
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM.
Caution if you perform a full reset, your HTC Artemis returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM.
- Press both soft keys and insert stylus into soft reset button hole and press the reset button.
- Release the soft reset button and keep pressing the soft keys.
- The display should show the following "This operation will delete all your personal data, to manufacturer default".
- Press Green call button to restore manufacturer default, or press other keys to cancel.