Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a HTC Advantage X7501
A normal reset is sometimes called a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
To restart your device:
- Remove the battery from the phone.
- After a few seconds, reinstall the battery.
Performing a Hard Reset on a HTC Advantage X7501
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM (Random Access Memory).
Caution if you perform a full reset, your HTC Advantage X7501 returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM (Read Only Memory).
To perform a hard reset using the device's buttons:
- Use the Stylus to press the Reset button while moving the Volume Slider down.
- After a moment, two choices will appear. Press the Centre OK Button to perform the hard reset.
- Alternatively, press the Camera Button to cancel.