Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a HTC 8X
A normal reset is sometimes called a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
To restart your phone:
- Turn the phone on and off.
- Failing this, you can remove the battery, wait for a few seconds, reinsert the battery, and then turn the phone on.
Performing a Hard Reset on a HTC 8X
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM (Random Access Memory).
Caution if you perform a full reset, your HTC 8X returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM (Read Only Memory).
The most convenient way to do a factory reset is via the phone settings. To perform a hard reset from phone settings:
- Slide to the left on the Start Screen.
- Tap Settings then About.
- Tap Rest Your Phone and then tap yes.
To perform a hard reset using the phone buttons:
- Turn the phone off.
- Press and hold the Volume Down Button and press the the Power Button.
- Release the Volume Down Button when an icon on the screen appears.
- When this happens, press the following buttons in this order: Volume Up > Volume Down > Power > Volume Down.