Performing a Full (Hard) Reset on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFI and 3G)
A full reset is sometimes called a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM (Random Access Memory).
Caution if you perform a full reset, your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFI and 3G) returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM (Read Only Memory) including Contacts, Messages etc..
Note: If the tablet is responsive and can synchronize files save any open files and back up all necessary data to a computer.
- From a Home screen, press the Menu Button then Personal and Back up and Restore.
- Touch Factory data reset.
- Finally touch Reset Device then Delete All to reset the device.
Via Hardware buttons:
- Turn off the tablet.
- Press and hold the Power/Lock Button and Down Volume Button at the same time.
- Release the buttons when the Android image appears.
- When the menu appears, press the Up Volume Button to select wipe data / factory reset and press the Power Button to confirm.
- Press the Up Volume Button to scroll to Yes and press the Power Button to confirm.
- Press the Power Button to select reboot system now.