Performing a Hard Reset on a Dell Venue
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM (Random Access Memory).
Caution if you perform a full reset, your Dell Venue returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM (Read Only Memory).
To perform a hard reset:
- Press and hold the Power Button and then touch the Power Off Option > OK to shut down the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons together.
- While holding these down, press and hold the Power Button until the smartphone displays the configuration screen.
- Navigate to the Factory reset option by using the Volume Buttons.
- Finally Press the Camera Button to complete the hard reset process.