Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a Dell Streak
A normal reset is sometimes referred to as a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
To perform a soft reset:
- Touch the Home button -> Menu button -> Settings -> Privacy -> Factory data reset.
- Touch Reset device.
- Touch Erase everything after you read the warning.
Performing a Hard Reset on a Dell Streak
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM.
Caution if you perform a full reset, your Dell Streak returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM.
To perform a hard reset:
- Press and hold the power button and then touch the Power off option on the screen to turn off the device.
- Simultaneously press and hold the volume up button and volume down button .
- Without releasing the volume buttons, press and hold the power button, until the device turns on the configuration screen.
- Press the volume buttons to move the highlight bar on the screen to the Factory reset option.
- Press the Camera button to start the reset process.
- Wait for the device to reboot.