Performing a Hard Reset on a Dell Streak 7
A full reset is sometimes called a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM (Random Access Memory).
Caution if you perform a full reset, your Dell Streak 7 returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM (Read Only Memory).
To perform a hard reset:
- Touch the Home Button and navigate to Menu Button > Settings > Privacy > Factory data reset
- Tap Reset Tablet
- Finally touch Erase everything to complete the hard reset.
To Force Power-off Your Dell Streak 7 Device:
- Pull out the slot door (see diagram below).
- Using a small object such as a paper clip, push the force Power-off Button.
- Press and hold the Power and Sleep/Wake Button to turn on your device.
Starting Your Dell Streak 7 in Safe Mode
This is necessary if an application is causing your Dell Streak 7 to act undesirably.
To enter Safe Mode:
- Power off the device.
- Press and hold the Power and Sleep/Wake Buttons to turn the device on.
- When you see the Dell Logo for the second time, touch and hold the Menu Button until "Safe Mode" appears at the bottom of the Dell Streak 7 screen.
Dell Streak 7 Emergency Recovery
This may be necessary if the system files are corrupt.
- Press and hold the Power Button and turn off the device.
- While holding the Volume Up Button press and hold the Power Button until the configuration menu appears.
- To restore the device to the default factory state, press the Volume Up Button to move to the highlight bar on the menu to select the desired function.
- Press the Power Button to confirm and wait for the device to restart.