Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a Blackberry Monaco Storm 3
A normal reset is sometimes called a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data. Use this method if the device becomes unresponsive.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
To perform a soft reset on the Blackberry Monaco Storm 3 simply remove and reinstall the battery.
Performing a Hard Reset on a Blackberry Monaco Storm 3
A full reset is sometimes called a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM (Random Access Memory).
Caution if you perform a full reset, your Blackberry Monaco Storm 3 returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM (Read Only Memory).
To perform a hard reset:
- On the Home Screen tap the "Options" icon.
- From here tap "Security" then "Security Wipe"
- Check the "Email, Contacts Etc.", "User Installed Applications" and "Media Card" Check Boxes
- Type "blackberry" (with no quotation marks) into the text field.
- Click "Wipe Data" to complete the hard reset.